So how was your pancake day? Did you eat nothing but pancakes all day or did you finish your dinner with a sophisticated sliver of a crepe?

Even though mine is happening tonight (fingers crossed that my guests can make it despite the national public transport strike, bloody Italy), I still managed to eat a stack of six (SIX!) American pancakes last night. And that was after my main meal. I was alone in the house, what else was I supposed to do?

They were essentially identical to the ones I posted yesterday (and I really can't stress enough how much of a miracle the orange rind, blueberry, maple syrup/honey and mascarpone combination is) but tonight will be a little more varied! The cupboards are full and the camera will be out in force. Does anyone have any fail safe recipes or topping combinations I can try? Unfortunately I don't have access to creme eggs like so many of my Facebook friends (sob sob).

I'm currently trying to get myself through a box of rocket or arugula or whatever you call it in your part of the world. Yes, this morning I forgot to actually make myself a salad and just came in with a box of bitter Leaves. This wouldn't be quite so tragic but the office has run out of olive oil (in Italy!!) so I don't have much to dress it in. I have drowned it in some old balsamic vinegar which is making things slightly more interesting and luckily I'm a weirdo who carries a tin of tuna in the bottom of her backpack for emergencies (well it was worth it this time!)

So there you have it. And no, I can't go out and get anything more interesting because all of my colleagues have gone for lunch and I don't have keys to lock up. Sigh. At least there's a ghost to keep me company. I keep hearing footsteps but when I turn the door camera on, there's nobody there.... spooky!

Working on a post about the beautiful Palermo right now (why is it so difficult to upload photos??) and beginning to think about getting a new design in, possibly by uh.. paying someone else to do it for me.

Have a good Wednesday!


Com'è andato il tuo Pancake Day (martedì grasso ma con i pancake, giorno tipico in Inghilterra!)? Hai mangiato un sacco di pancake o hai finito la cena con un crepe sofisticato?

Anche se festeggio Pancake Day stasera (e spero che i miei ospiti possano arrivare, maledetto sciopero dei mezzi), ieri sera ho mangiato sei (SEI!) pancake americani. E gli ho mangiati DOPO una piadina! Cosa dovevo fare? Ero a casa da sola!

Erano uguali a quelli di cui ho scritto ieri (non posso spiegare quanto è bella la combinazione di scorza d'arancia, mirtilli, miele/acero e mascarpone) ma stasera avremo più scelta! Ho comprato molte cose, marmellate e nutella e frutta e panna... Avete una ricetta che posso provare o qualcosa da mettere su i pancake? Ho visto molti amici su Facebook con i creme egg (dolce di cioccolato inglese che si compra nel periodo tra natale e pasqua) che mi ha fatto piangere per l'invidio!

Sto mangiando un piatto di rucola in questo moment. Sto provando di mangiarlo, dovrei dire. Stamattina ho dimenticato di fare un'insalata e quindi ho portato un tupperware di rucola per mio pranzo. E per peggiorare le cose, l'ufficio non ha niente olio d'oliva! L'abbiamo usato tutto! Ho trovato un vecchio aceto di balsamo e fortunatamente io sono una tipa strana che porta sempre una lattina di tonno in zaino per le emergenze (ehi, questa è un emergenza!)

Allora. Non posso uscire per comprare qualcos'altro perché tutti i colleghi sono usciti per pranzo e non ho le chiave per chiudere l'ufficio. E c'è un fantasma per farmi compagnia! Sento i piedi fuori della porta e sulle scale ma quando accendo la videocamera per vedere, non c'è nessuno! Strano...

Sto scrivendo un post della bella Palermo (perché caricare gli immagini è così difficile?) e ho cominciato a pensare a un nuovo disegno per il sito... cioè, penso a pagare qualcuno per farlo per me... hehe.

Buon mercoledì!