A place for me to bookmark the articles I've read and loved lately.

Unrelated image just for the sake of attaching an image...
  1. To Grieve is to Carry Another Time
    To remember is not to time-travel; it is to alter how time feels.
  2. Dreams for Hire
    At nine o’clock in the morning, while we were having breakfast on the terrace of the Hotel Riviera in Havana, a terrifying wave appeared out of nowhere
  3. Barrel of Love, an Immigrant Story
    I will not say that I loved the barrels more than my father, but I will say that I think I did.
  4. The Feels of Love
    "In my defense," he said, "I thought you were 13."
  5. Game of Crones
    But most of all, I hope she remembers her defiantly old mother with that garbage bag. I hope the memory expands and exaggerates, so that in her mind’s eye, I whipped that trash around and around in a circle over my head, shouting like a warrior before I let it fly. I hope it’s a story she tells her daughter one day and I don’t care how old she is when that happens.
  6. Twenty-Eight Days on the John Muir Trail
    S
    o, to prepare for the trip, I read Muir’s effusive prose, certain that I could follow in his footsteps, learn to see the Sierra as he did, a glorious range of light.
  7. The Home is a Place as Wild as Any in the World
    Becoming a mother is probably the most normal thing I’ve ever done. It’s extremely boring. It’s also extremely wild.
  8. The Magic of Estate Sales
    When you walk through an estate sale, though, you’re perusing the stuff that was integral to a stranger’s daily life. The mugs they drank coffee from every morning in this kitchen. The chairs they pushed into the soft sand of the beach every summer. The books they read repeatedly, and the books they kept on these shelves because they always meant to read them but never got around to it.
  9. Pull Over, I'm Having a Baby
    For this reason, I like extramurals: the way it encompasses all of these but eschews exclamatory danger; how its echoes of extracurricular play allow that, just maybe, there’s something in these births a woman might elect, or even enjoy.
  10. American Doctors are Reconstructing the Youngest Faces of a Brutal War Hana homeschools Aysha, who tries to stay in good spirits, even though she wishes she had other kids her age to play with. Sometimes she tells her mom, “I’m so bored, I don’t want to live.”